Thursday, April 12, 2012

Recent Success

With some minor missteps, I have been making good progress lately. I attribute this mainly to a journal I've been keeping. In it, I've been recording such things as my exercises, eating habits, and how I maintain myself as a warrior. This is still a new thing for me. I sometimes forget to record certain important events. Sometimes I don't remember to carry it with me. I'm getting better at it though, and soon I'm sure it will be second nature to me, like my medallion. There are still other things I feel I need to record, but I will worry about those later.
So, for the time being, I've been doing well. I have been running in the morning and remembering to do push ups. In some respects, these remind me of what bad shape I'm in. Jogging a mile in 15 minutes, an average of 4 miles per hour, leaves me exhausted. My lungs are holding up, but my legs have a hard time handling the stress. Doing too many push ups tends to result in my arms becoming hard to move, and too much is barely 40 a day.
Of course, I tend to do things alone. I don't know if these are accomplishments to be proud of for someone in my condition. If I were to socialize with people in a similar situation, maybe I'd have a better understanding. But my desire to do things alone continues, so I may never know. But whether I am alone or in company, whether I'm doing well or if I'm under-performing, the important thing is to keep going. I need to continue these exercises and eating better food. And to this end, I will be recording much more in this journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment