Friday, May 11, 2012

When The Fires Die Out, Our Work Will Begin

The above phrase is something that has been floating around my skull for some time now. It still applies well to what is happening now though. Earlier today, I finished the final in my last class. As in the last class in my college career. Provided I passed everything, I can now focus on finding a job and getting on with my life. Due to certain circumstances, I have been going to school part time, so it has taken me almost 8 years to finish college. Of course, I still need to pass all my courses.
But when that proves to be true, I will have a great deal of time on my hands. I should dedicate much of that time looking for a job, and I will. But it also means I now have free days to accomplished many of the things I didn't seem to have time for before. For the longest time, I've been having classes in the late evening. To compound the problem, many of the activities I've wanted to take part in are during this time. But this means I no longer have any excuse.
One thing I plan to do as soon as possible is look for some local fencing clubs. I've been meaning to get into this as a sport. I've taken martial arts classes in the past, and these have provided massive benefits to my health. Having a regimented routine tends to give me a sense of purpose and makes me more likely to go through with it. So, come Monday, I plan to head to a nearby fencing club and see if I can join in.

No comments:

Post a Comment