Saturday, June 2, 2012

Light at the End of the Tunnel

For the past several days, I've been in a very crippling state of depression. I attribute this mainly to the fact that I am a recent graduate with no job prospects. I was being driven insane by boredom. I was trying to occupy my time with projects; all the things I thought I wanted to do, but never seemed to have the time to accomplish. I now realize the fallacy in that thinking, as I now have free time in abundance, but have no motivation to do anything. This depression was taking it's toll on me. I was neglecting my exercise and sleeping too much. And all this just seemed to deepen the sadness I was feeling.
But then I woke up this morning, and I seemed much better. I feel brighter and happier. I went out for a jog this morning, and I felt great doing it. I'm not sure exactly what changed to make me feel so much better. It could be that at the moment I have my resume being circulated among various HR people. It could be that the weather isn't as rainy as it was in the past few days. Or it could just be that my bi-polar disorder is cycling and I'm heading into a manic phase. If the latter is true, then I should probably be careful with my actions. I tend to be worse manic than depressed. Whatever the case, I'm just glad that for now, I'm in a much better state.

No comments:

Post a Comment