Saturday, June 16, 2012

Making Progress

About 10 minutes ago, I finished a somewhat exhaustive exercise routine. For a while now, I've been trying to keep a daily routine of running in the morning, walking at noon, and running again in the afternoon. For running, I warm up with a half mile walk, then running for 10 minutes around my neighborhood block, then cool down by walking the rest of the way. For walking, I've found that two laps around my block adds up to roughly 2.5 miles. So I've been trying to do this every day.
What makes today so amazing is that I got my morning run in and then went right to my walk. I tried to do another run, but was too wiped out to get very far. Furthermore, I've been steadily getting faster in my running. It took me a while to get up to 10 minutes in the first place, and then I was able to run for .6 miles. But today, I got .8 miles in 10 minutes, which seems like a huge improvement. the trick obviously is to keep at it and do it every day. Tomorrow, I'll try to get all three routines in on one stride.

No comments:

Post a Comment