Sunday, October 7, 2012

Losing Focus

I knew this would happen eventually, because if nothing else, it has happened every other time I've tried to start a blog with this intention. I got lost. It's been almost two months since my last posting here, and many of my recent postings have been off the topic I wanted to approach with this blog.
For once, I can trace this back to a reason of sorts. I recently became employed with a full time job. That accounts for the last two weeks anyway. But mostly, it's the same thing that keeps me from getting in touch with the people I care about. I don't want to bother them with the problems in my life. I have always had this idea that I am not important in people's lives, and that if something important happens, they will contact me. This is flawed reasoning and I know it, but psychological convictions are difficult to overcome.
So mostly, I haven't been posting because I don't feel like bothering the internet with my troubles. Of course, it's not like anyone reads this anyway. But that's okay, this blog is mostly for myself as opposed to someone else. But that's for later. Right now, I need to get back on track. I need to post on this blog more often and I need to do things that make it possible to post on this blog more often.
The original purpose of this blog was to chronicle my journey to becoming a warrior. And as I said, many of my posts here have been on unrelated subjects. So I need to regain focus. It's not like I ever gave up on this dream. It's more like I lost momentum and couldn't get back up. And as a warrior, this is unacceptable. I need to keep my fires burning. I need to keep moving. In the last month of time, I've barely even gone for walks.
So, while I should make it a point to continue after making some progress, I am starting this as a new beginning. From here on, I am refocusing my energies to my pursuit in the warrior arts. As I write this, I am preparing to go out and exercise. I will now focus on that and try to maintain momentum. This is what a warrior would do, so that's what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment